Wandering. It’s one of the biggest problems with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. It endangers the person with Alzheimer’s. It also causes major stress for caregivers.
The BC 300 is a breakthrough technology developed by Breadcrumb in collaboration with the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America to meet the specific needs of families dealing with the disease and the serious, life-threatening issue of wandering. Experts say wandering occurs in 60% of cases of Alzheimer’s disease at some point during the disease progression.
If your loved one wanders away from home, or another designated location, an electronic alert is immediately sent to up to five people of your choice. Breadcrumb’s Customer Care Center will monitor the location of your loved one 24/7 and contact emergency assistance when needed. You can also view the exact location of your loved one at any time from your internet-connected computer or approved smart phone.
Quality and Reliability
Breadcrumb’s state-of-the-art system, including the BC 300 technology and customer care protocol has been developed in collaboration with the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America, experts in the GPS industry, and the input of family caregivers. It has been rigorously tested. Both the technology and 24/7 monitoring service are very affordable.
- Order the Breadcrumb GPS device. Sign up and choose a service plan.
- Complete the registration form.
- Review the instructional video which will be shipped with the BC 300.
- Choose the areas you want monitored, i.e., the boundaries that you want your loved one to stay within.
- Choose up to five people to be notified if your loved wanders away.
- Put the device on the individual with Alzheimer’s disease, per the instructions.
- View the location of your loved one from any internet-connected computer or approved smartphone.
How It Works
|For a clear idea of how the BC 300 system works, please watch this video . We have designed the system to be user-friendly. It comes with an instructional video, and we also have toll-free technical support if you have questions.|